The Artist’s Residency is a new initiative of Visthar and is open to visual artists, writers, performers, designers and other creative individuals worldwide. COVID19 lockdown made us so conscious of the need to be connected with nature and with each other in an organic way. Many friends are struggling to deal with the distancing demanded by the pandemic. The residency is designed to give artists and writers the time, space, and inspiration to focus on their creative pursuits.
The Residency will host 10 writers/ artists each year from across the country and around the world. The Residency includes:
- Bath attached private rooms and meals
- Access to the library and the campus
- WIFI enabled green and serene indoor and outdoor workspaces
- Opportunities for eco-therapy including gardening, paper recycling and eco art
- A platform to present your writing / exhibit your art
- Monthly conversations with writers and artistes from Bangalore
- Complete solitude without being part of any of the above activities
Visthar is not in a position to offer fellowships or free residencies. The cost depends on the kind of accommodation you choose. The rate per person per month inclusive of accommodation and meals is given below.
- Studio apartment with living room, bedroom, kitchen and bath – Rs.40, 000/- (USD1000 for international applicants).
- Single rooms – spacious and bath attached : Rs. 30,000/- ( USD 900 – International)
Applications are accepted year-round. The residencies should be booked 2 months in advance. For more details and registration, write to [email protected].